(continued from page 1)
This R&D is strengthened by the presence of the Elastopôle competitiveness cluster, which extends throughout the entire Val d'Oise département and whose aim is to create momentum for the industry by setting up
a platform for sharing knowledge and resources.
On the strength of this economic focus, the CEEVO (Val d'Oise Economic Development Board) has conducted a study aimed at assessing the current situation and
development prospects for the Rubber and Polymers industry in the département in order to provide with the best possible support and structure.
Some well-known companies locate d in the Val d'Oise
- 3M France - ABRASIVE PRODUCTS, Cergy
- CHEVALIER Caoutchouc - RUBBER PROCESSING, Argenteuil
- CLERET Caoutchouc - TECHNICAL PARTS, Argenteuil
- COOPER STANDARD STANDARD - AUTOMOTIVE EQUIPMENT MANUFACTURER, Argenteuil
- HUTCHINSON - RUBBER PARTS, Persan
- LE JOINT FRANÇAIS - VEHICLE INSULATION AND GLAZING, COATINGS AND ENCAPSULANTS FOR AERONAUTICS, Bezons
- LE CAOUTCHOUC d'ARGENTEUIL - RUBBER PARTS, Argenteuil
- SEMPERTRANS France - RUBBER CONVEYOR BELTS, Argenteuil
- SILCOMP - WHOLESALE, Argenteuil
- TERCAP - RUBBER PROCESSING, Seraincourt
- RACLOT INDUSTRIES - Brignancourt
- VELO X - WHOLESALE, Argenteuil
- ELECTRA UNIC INDUSTRIE - RUBBER PARTS, Pontoise
- SAUER France - PRINTING ROLLERS, Goussainville
THE VAL D'OISE MEASUREMENT NETWORK (RMVO)
The main objective of the RMVO, recognised by the DIACT (Regional Planning and Competitiveness Office) as a Local Productivity Environment, is the development of businesses working in all areas of the measurement and instrumentation sector in the Val d'Oise. The actions undertaken by this network have the following aims:
conducting strategic watch, which benefits all the companies in the sector involved in the manufacture of measuring instruments and scientific and technical control instruments;
organising collective action, in particular for metrology, with representation at trade shows in France and abroad; for instance, presence at the «Mesure expo» Exhibition every year in Paris;
establishing collaborative links with higher education, in particular the University of Cergy-Pontoise, which already has courses relating to expertise in instrumentation and measurement (vocational Bachelor's degree);
coordinating access to a website toraise the profile of member companies and promote the network.
ANNUAL MEETING OF RESEARCHERS AND BUSINESSES
As part of the efforts to bring together higher education establishments and SMEs in the département, undertaken by the CESE 95, (Val d'Oise Higher Education and Business Forum), each year the CEEVO is heavily involved in the Val d'Oise Research and Innovation Week. This week includes a large number of events in the Val d'Oise over five days in April and May: lectures, factory, company and research laboratory visits, business meetings and so on. This event is free of charge and open to all, providing an opportunity to get to know certain companies and laboratories in the area, such as those working in the rubber and polymers industry, as well as certain projects from the 9 competitiveness clusters in which the Val d'Oise is involved, such as the Elastopôle cluster.